Saturday, March 12, 2011

here fishie fishie fishie

Hey Mom, did you see these? Can I have some?
What in the world are those things?! Wantwantwantwantwant!
So many colors...how can we choose just one?
Mama caved.
Of course I will buy you a fish tank, my adorable little one. Not because I completely dreamed up a conversation between the two of us in my head at Walmart that ended with you begging me to buy you a fish tank and my relenting noooooooooooo, that would make me crazy. In my defense, I thought it'd be a really cool thing for you to have in your room, and judging by your reaction to just having a running tank without even having fish in it yet, I'm going to go ahead and say that this goes down as a WIN in the Mom book. We'll go get some fishies for it this weekend after the water has a chance to settle and get warm and filtered out.

Backing up though, we really did have a great time looking at all the fish in the tanks at that horrible big box store. My mom, Lydia and I ran to Marshall for an afternoon of shopping while it was still sunny and gorgeous out, and I think the beautiful weather rubbed off on Lydia...she was perfect all day as we bounced from store to store, in and out of the car, nursed on a bench at the mall...perfect. I wanted to check out the fish anyway, and Lydia was absolutely blown away by seeing so many. I held her up to each tank and identified all the fishies for her; call me crazy, but it was such a fun way to spend the better part of an afternoon, just the two of us hanging in the pet department at Walmart. I finally looked over and saw the DIY kits for assembling a fish tank; Lydia caught my eye and smiled, sealing the deal. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment